1. Poetry Workshop by Neha Bahuguna
Date: 20 May 2017 | 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Organizer: Artisans’ Art Gallery
About the Artist: Neha Bahuguna is a writer, poetess and designer. The NID graduate has a multi-disciplinary approach, combining her flair for writing with her love for design and visual thinking. Over the years, she has worked as a Conceptualiser, Writer and Lyricist for web and television. Her shows cover a range of topics from the history of food to making craft and design accessible to children. Writing mainly in her mother tongue Hindi, Neha started Bol in 2016 – a platform to encourage closeted (and not so closeted) writers to explore the reading and performance aspect poetry and short stories. Source.
2. Workshop – Instagram Marketing for Business by Social Samosa
Date: 27 May 2017 | 10:00AM – 6:00 PM
Organizer: Social Samosa
About the Speakers:
– Hitesh Rajwani heads Social Samosa, an online publication reporting insights, trends and breaking stories on social media marketing. An MBA graduate from Symbiosis and an economics major, Hitesh holds prime expertise in digital marketing strategy, brand management and experiential marketing. He is the founder and architect of India’s First Décor Influencer Awards and Social Samosa 30 Under 30
– Mrinil Mathur is a digital marketing professional with diverse experience of managing Social Media and CRM for the food and hospitality businesses. An MBA graduate from Symbiosis International University and a Computer Science Engineer, Mrinil holds expertise in Communication Management, Digital Marketing Strategy, Social Media Management, Web Journalism, Blogging, Brand Management and Experiential Marketing.
3. Night Trek to Kalsubai Peak
Date: 20 May 2017 – 21 May 2017 | 11:15 PM Onwards
Organizer: Treks and Trails, India
About the event: The climb up the highest peak in Maharashtra, Kalsubai peak, is an adventurous trek that requires high endurance levels. The route to the summit is a mix of easy to ascend slopes as well as treacherous rocky terrain overlooking the valley below. At night, it’s even more thrilling. You’ll be trekking in the darkness, listening to the nocturnal animals and birds, and enjoying the challenge of navigating in low light. At an elevation of 5400 ft, the view from the top is stunning, especially as the sun rises.
4. Workshop: Website, E-commerce, and Crowdfunding
Date: 22 May 2017 – 26 May 2017 | 10:00 AM Onwards
Organizer: Curiosity Gym
About the event: You will be introduced to the world of creating your own websites, e-commerce websites and crowdfunding your campaign in the quickest way possible. Find your path through the muddle of jargon and available options and understand where the future lies. No Expertise Required. All Ages Welcome. Bring your own laptops – if not please contact us regarding laptop availability.
5. Portraiture in Charcoal and Watercolours by Shawn Lewis
Date: 16 May 2017 – 18 May 2017 | 4:00 PM Onwards
Organizer: Artisans’ Art Gallery
About the Artist: Shawn Lewis is an Artist, Designer, Photographer and Filmmaker. Alongside this, Shawn spends a considerable amount of time mentoring and teaching the art that he practices. Adding a socio-cultural context to all his assignments, Shawn believes in making his students conscientious designers. When he finds his students struggling, he usually has one important advice – go back to the drawing board, be honest to yourself and your design by having the artisans themselves from the villages conducting live art workshops.
About the event: Learn to paint portraitures using charcoal and water colours. Explore the possibilities of two different mediums coming together to convert emotions and feelings. Create stories using these painted characters as protagonists.
Looking for more events in Mumbai? Take a look!