– It is the highest peak in Maharashtra and one of the highest ones in Sahyadri ranges, 5400 ft from the ground.
– At the summit of the mountain there is plain ground with a small temple of kalsubai
– You can find pooja materials there throughout the year. A traditional prayer is held on kalsubai on every tuesday and thursday by local priest.
– During the navaratri period a special pooja is carried out for all 9 days and a mela is also organized during that period by local people.
– There is a straight slope to the summit from the bottom village – Bari, a person normally take 3 hours to reach at the top.
– On the way to summit you will pass by a hanuman temple, after that there is a straight slope to summit.
– There is no water facility at the top, so it would be better if you fill your water bottles at the Bari village.
– When you reach at the top of the Kalsubai, the vastly spread out backwaters of Bhandardara will definitely attract your attention.
To the north of the mountain range you will be able to see, forts such as Ramsej, Harihargad, Brahmagiri, Anjaneri, Ghargad, Bahula, Tringalwadi, Kavnai .
To the east one you will be able to spot Aundha, Vishramgad, Bitangad, to the west Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad (south west) and to the south you will be able to see Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar, Harishchandragad.
– It is one of the best places to visit near Mumbai and one of the best places to do trekking near Mumbai. You can easily reach to Kalsubai trek base from Mumbai. You wlll have to travel by local train to Kasara station. From Kasara, you will easily get local buses or shared taxi to local village ‘Bari’.
Mapping journeys is organising a trek on 5th-6th july to Kalsubai Trek.